This will be very brief because the internet is limited. This morning I went bungy jumping off the tallest bridge in the world for bungy jumping (216m)!
We arrived to the bridge and had to walk across this rickety walkway to the jump site. Once there they debriefed us on how the next hour would go and then began to blast loud dance music to pump us up! While dancing, none of us knew the order of our jumps. All of a sudden I was tapped on my shoulder, "Hilary?" I quietly and timidly replied, "....yes?" I was 5th out of our whole group to leap (or get slightly pushed) off of that platform. The first few seconds I don't think I remembered to breathe, but I was just free-falling for hundreds of feet. Next I felt the line begin to pull tight around my ankles and I bounced up again. This time I bounced up so my body was completely vertical. At that moment all I could think was, "CRAP! This is gonna hurt!" But when I jerked back upside down it didn't hurt. I then bounced a few more times, staying upside down. I felt the blood rush to my head as I stared out at the ocean. It was beautiful! I waited eagerly for one of the workers to come down on a rope to attach me to his line and pull us up together. I don't know what he said to me but all I remembered was "Don't touch him!" (I had been warned before jumping). If I grabbed him I could get him unbalanced. Anyways, I finally touched back onto the bridge and wanted to kiss the cement! This is something I will never forget, never regret, and never do again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment